Friday, February 03, 2006

Me No Speak Good English

Me No Speak Good English

The F-O-B in me is, once again, rearing it's ugly head.

This whole day never made a single sense to anyone or to me. I was just blabbering and bantering what-nots the entire day. I would carry conversations with people and then all of a sudden zone out. Even had the "twitch" -- wherein you have a seizure like snapping out of a zone moment. This happened for a couple of minutes while I was out at frontdesk.

The last client I had during my 1 hour and 1/2 stint out at frontdesk was a Chinese guy who is and utterly obviously devoid of english-speaking company as I had to ask him 10 times (every time talking slower than the first) if he had an insurance policy with our company and then had to ask him 5 times to take a seat in one of our booths and wait for the phone to ring for someone to help him out with his policy. I think around the third time I told him that he needed to take a seat and wait for the broker's call, he had a worried look in his face and tells me apologetically that: "ME NO SPEAK GOOD ENGLISH. DO YOU HAVE CHINESE?" Unfortunately, our company doesn't offer Chinese (or any other languages) services.

He was lucky though because the broker who called him up was one of the few nice people at our back-office (people who handles walk-in clients).

In my opinion, our company should really invest a bit of money hiring bilingual analysts specially those who can speak either Mandarin or Cantonese as a big percentage of our clients are Chinese.

As for me, I think I should start buying grammar books or taking up ESL classes as my english is slowly deteriorating as the days go by. . . Or maybe this is just because I have too many things on my mind that it's racing around thereby faltering both my language and thinking abilities. Or maybe too many nights out with Mary Jane! LOL! ^_^

Tsk! Tsk!

Dear Voyeurs, let's all give my inner FOB a big round of applause! You frigging made a lot of people's day today!

*****

1 YEAR CONTRACT

A full-time receptionist 1 year contract position just opened up in our office. As one of the DOCU people is going on Mat. Leave it opened up quite a number of positions in our small department.

I am considering and have applied for this one year contract position and am opting to leave school for a year if they approve my application. This would entail me taking a longer time to graduate but then again, would give me the rest I need from the rigorous and sometimes arduous studying I've been doing the past year and a half. This would also allow me an opportunity to catch up with all the debts I've accumulated these years and also would give me a chance to save up for the next school year just as long as I watch my spending.

Apparently they are seriously considering me for the job but unfortunately they need the position to be filled right away. I gave them an option of me doing a 12 pm-8pm shift week with the exception of Tuesdays wherein I will be working a 4 pm-8pm shift because my last class ends at 2:30pm that day. I'll be doing this kind of shift until the first week of April wherein that would be the last week of school. Hopefully, the management would find a way to give that job to me.

If not, I have to look for a weekend job. A weekend job that would most probably be along the lines of McDonald's or some major fastfood chains. . . which I don't really think I would like to be in but if worse comes to worst I have no choice.

OH WAIT!!! Maybe I could ask Dearest Stranger if there is an opening at the Durham Transit office. . . But then again, I don't think I would want to work with Dearest Stranger. I will most definitely get distracted by him (most specially his piercing eyes!) and wouldn't be able to do or finish any job.

I guess I really have no choice but go do the MickeyD's way. . .

Frigging HELL!!!!

Fudging mismanagement of finances. . .

Once again, I've proven an old Filipino saying: Sa huli ang pagsisisi! (Regret comes after the fact!)

*****

11 days to go. . .

. . . And it's Valentine's day.

I just realized that this will be my second Valentine's day here in Canada. I don't remember what happened the first time I had Valentine's here. All I remember are the many cards I sent to Ikaw when we were still sort of playing good music (actually, while I was being played with!).

I wonder if I'll even remember what might happen this Valentine's Day next year. I wonder if I'll get the traditional stuff that women get during that day: chocolates, strawberries, flowers, champagne and a very romantic dinner. I wonder if Dearest Stranger would even remember to call during that day. I wonder if Dearest Stranger would take me out or even give me single wilted rose. I wonder if I would end up finding comfort in Ikaw's voice at the end of that day.

What is most definite about that day is a meeting with Mary Jane to ease the pain away. What is most definite about that day is I will be reminiscing like crazy. What is most definite about that day is that I will be missing to be with the company of someone. What is most definite about that day is the glaring fact that I will be experiencing what every other woman experiences that day. . . NEGLECT!

*****

I am Angel. . . my inner F-O-B coming out full speed ahead!

No comments: