Sunday, July 02, 2006

23rd b-day

Four minutes have passed since the clock striked 12 a.m. I am no longer 22. I am now 23. I am a year older with really nothing to show for.

The past year gave a lot of memories and events that shaped me into who I am today. I learned that I am still capable of loving someone. I have learned that I am truly a non-conformist. I learned that there are always two sides to a story. I learned to think outside of the box. I learned that loneliness can drive a person to do certain things that would seem illogical and ridiculous to others. I learned that there are a lot of inevitable events in our lives. I learned to be firm. I learned that one can never revive a long-dead past. I learned that love is never constant, it is changing and can sometimes be unforgiving. I learned that I am not as bad as I think I am.

A lot of people are saying that this seems to be my year. On what basis does this assumption hold true? It seems like everything in my life is going downhill. I am currently on medication for depression as I have been depressed these past month and a half. I got kicked out of school. I got passed over on my job. My family's falling apart and into pieces. I have stopped talking to Kiddo and lost one of my dearest and closest friends. I am sort of still with Dearest Stranger. I have no real relationship. With all these stuff happening, I am not exactly sure if I would believe the stuff that most of the people I know have been telling me about myself.

What do I expect in the coming year? I really don't know. I just hope that it will be better than the last few years. I just need some sort of respite from all the drama and all the issues and crisis that I have in my life. I just need a little break.

Later on I'll be going out with my family for brunch and would either be spending the day with Marky Boy or Bendy Ele. What a way to start my 23rd year in this world!

Happy Birthday to me.

No comments: